i've been mean to try to make such biscuits that use cheese & herbs together as main ingredients so again i google search and i found recipe that simple & easy to try for 1st timer ... so here is the recipe
source : allrecipes.com
Click : HERE for the original site
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or a fork until it is the size of peas. Make a well in the center of the mixture and measure the milk, cheese and thyme into the bowl. Gently mix until a soft dough forms.
- Roll or pat out on a floured surface to 3/4 inch thick. Cut into circles and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the biscuits are golden brown.
rasa biskut ni lemak2 masin mungkin disebabkan cheddar cheese yang sediada masinnya, kemudian saya guna salted butter ...so, maybe terrr masin la kut tapi sedapppp ... cuma bila sejuk dia dah tak ranggup di luar lagi, jadi seeloknya makan panas-panas bersama secawan teh AHMAD yang nyaman di waktu petang ... :-)